COVID-19 Funeral Procedures in the Buffalo, NY Area
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, taking preventive measures is important to continue to reduce the spread. The CDC and New York State have released requirements and recommendations in order to continue to reopen businesses as safely as possible. These measures include guidelines for funeral and cremation services. At Lombardo Funeral Home, we are adhering to all requirements issued by the state and by the CDC in order to keep our staff and our clients as safe as possible.
What measures must be taken when it comes to funeral, burial, and cremation services in the time of COVID-19?
As of early June, New York State is continuing to slowly reopen the economy. However, protective measures are still in place in order to protect the health and safety of everyone who enters our facilities.
- For any funeral service occurring indoors, the attendee capacity is limited to 10 people at a time.
- Any individuals present are required to stay at least six feet apart unless the core activity requires otherwise (i.e. pall bearing) or they are members of the same household. Any singing related activity increases this distance to 12 feet unless physical barriers can be provided.
- Holding and shaking hands is still prohibited.
- Deliveries and pickups are limited to designated areas in order to minimize traffic.
- Hand hygiene stations will be available onsite to encourage regular washing and sterilization best practices.
- Face coverings are required at all times except when seated, provided the required distance of six feet is maintained.
- All facilities and shared surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected between uses.
- All appropriate measures will be taken to ensure that our employees and anyone entering our facilities are virus-free. Anyone presenting with possible COVID-19 symptoms will be sent home and encouraged to contact their health care professional for screening. Anyone testing positive for COVID-19 will be required to complete a 14-day quarantine before returning to work, regardless of whether or not they show symptoms.
Even during this pandemic, we are committed to allowing the residents of the Buffalo area to have the funeral services they want. We still offer burial and cremation services; they are simply adapted to adhere to COVID-19 procedures and best practices. Reach out to us today to learn more about our adapted policies, procedures, and offerings. Our facilities are located in Buffalo, Amherst, Orchard Park, and Snyder, NY.