Taking the time to arrange your funeral now leaves one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. We are here to help you every step of the way.
While people spend months planning events like weddings and trips, few think about the one event that is certain to happen: their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantage of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying for your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs. Options include a single payment plan, to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral, you ease the financial impact on your family. Pre-payment also protects you and your family, from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay for their funeral. These plans are designed to be flexible and to accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Funeral Pre-Planning
Unfortunately, dying is one of the few events in life that is bound to happen. You might think planning your funeral seems morbid, but there are many benefits to funeral pre-planning. Funeral pre-planning can save money and give your family and friends the needed time to grieve. Below are a few benefits to funeral pre-planning.
- Choose the Way You'll Be Remembered: After a loved one passes away, family members may have trouble deciding the best way to lay their loved one to rest. Funeral pre-planning allows you to choose the way you want to be remembered. Whether you want a burial, cremation, or memorial service, have peace of mind knowing your wishes will be honored.
- Easier on Loved Ones: Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Funeral pre-planning gives yourself, family, and friends peace of mind.
- Financial Responsibly: Funerals can be expensive, and like most things, funeral expenses will continue to rise throughout the years. Funeral pre-planning takes the financial burden off of your loved ones.
As you can see, there are many benefits to funeral pre-planning. At Lombardo Funeral Home, we can provide you with prearranged funeral services so you can choose how you want to be remembered while also taking some stress off your loved ones. Give us a call today for more information. We proudly offer services to families in Buffalo, Orchard Park, Amherst, Snyder, Williamsville, NY, and the surrounding areas.